Adding Composer Name to Different Tracks Problem

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
phule

Adding Composer Name to Different Tracks Problem

Post by phule » Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:48 pm

Using Max 0.6.1 for ripping/encoding a CD, has anyone experienced any problems when adding different composer names to each track?

I ripped/encoded (using MP3) the first (of eight) disc from the box-set "España Antigua". Freedb supplied the correct track titles but that's all. Since each track had a different composer, I had to supply each one after using cmd-I for each track. I manually added the resulting MP3 folder to iTunes by dragging-and-dropping. I found that none of the composer's names were added to iTunes.

I haven't check the General Preference box labeled "Add encoded files to iTunes library." Do you think checking it might correct this problem :?:
Bob

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Adding Composer Name to Different Tracks Problem

Post by sbooth » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:59 pm

phule wrote:Using Max 0.6.1 for ripping/encoding a CD, has anyone experienced any problems when adding different composer names to each track?

I ripped/encoded (using MP3) the first (of eight) disc from the box-set "España Antigua". Freedb supplied the correct track titles but that's all. Since each track had a different composer, I had to supply each one after using cmd-I for each track. I manually added the resulting MP3 folder to iTunes by dragging-and-dropping. I found that none of the composer's names were added to iTunes.

I haven't check the General Preference box labeled "Add encoded files to iTunes library." Do you think checking it might correct this problem :?:
I don't know how I missed this- the composer tags were not being written to MP3 files! I've checked in a fix now, but for the time being if you select the 'Add encoded files to iTunes library' option the composer tags should show up. This will work because Max manually sets the metadata using AppleScript when the files are added to iTunes.