THERE'S A MILLION UI DESIGNERS--PLEASE FIND*O*N*E*!

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
gooroov

THERE'S A MILLION UI DESIGNERS--PLEASE FIND*O*N*E*!

Post by gooroov » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:39 am

I appreciate someone going to the trouble of making something like "Max" and not even charging for it. (Scroll down for SIMPLE answer!)

But it took me like an HOUR to figure out the most obvious, simple, and likely common use of the program, an hour that could be saved with probably one sentence in the Help file--or better yet, a UI that included simple self-explanatory access to this function.

I got an APE of an album, in the same folder were various files with similar names.

After figuring out how to configure MP3 (yeah, that should be hard!), I obviously chose "Convert".

No wait--I had already spent time looking at every menu for any mention of a "cue" file, or anything synonymous. I found nothing in the program OR the help.

So I chose Max's SINGLE function: "Convert files", selected the .ape (the others all grayed out) and waited. I got one giant mp3 of the whole album.

I went through ALL the help, everything...finally I searched the forums which are packed with comments from frustrated users...and did this:

v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v
Instead of choosing "Convert" then "albumname.ape" I chose "Open" then "albumname.cue".
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
THAT WAS IT!!!!

Now come on people--are you sitting there laughing sadistically? This is EASY--WHY NOT MAKE YOUR OWN HARD WORK ACCESSIBLE? Because I promise many many others just give up.

So easy, so obvious...if only you'd TELL people how!

This was so offensive I registered JUST to make this comment!

Thanks for Max--I'll use it again if there's absolutely no other way on earth to do something.