What is the document Max is creating for every CD?

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
Rodger

What is the document Max is creating for every CD?

Post by Rodger » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:04 pm

I am using Max to create .flac files and all appears to be well except that instead of closing quietly after conversion it asks me every time if I want to save a document or lose my changes. What are these obscurely named documents, is it a single document containing metadata for all CDs or one per CD. Do I need it, how can I stop it coming up? I notice that every now and then it does not come up, but it does not seem related to whether I edit the CD data or not. Sorry if this newbie question has been answered already but search did not seem to answer.

Fuga

Re: What is the document Max is creating for every CD?

Post by Fuga » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:32 pm

One file per CD with all the good info. I keep them. Ya just never know. Keeps you from ever having to reenter.

Find them at ~/Library/Application Support/Max.

Rodger

Post by Rodger » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:28 pm

OK.. sounds good... is there a way to know from the file what CD it is describing? Can you set up so it automatically saves them? That is the biggest pain, having to check the box each time. Thanks for information.

Fuga

Post by Fuga » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:20 am

Rodger wrote:OK.. sounds good... is there a way to know from the file what CD it is describing? Can you set up so it automatically saves them? That is the biggest pain, having to check the box each time. Thanks for information.
Nope and nope. Would be a good thing for default - both to have a subscript to make title be album title(?) and to simply auto-save. I would eventually but why don't you truck on over to the tracker and make the request(s)?

Rodger

Post by Rodger » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:15 am

Fuga wrote:
Rodger wrote:OK.. sounds good... is there a way to know from the file what CD it is describing? Can you set up so it automatically saves them? That is the biggest pain, having to check the box each time. Thanks for information.
Nope and nope. Would be a good thing for default - both to have a subscript to make title be album title(?) and to simply auto-save. I would eventually but why don't you truck on over to the tracker and make the request(s)?
Many thanks. I would do just that but apparently I need some privilege to put in enhancement request. Will take a look tomorrow.

Fuga

Post by Fuga » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:32 pm

NAh, all you have to do is "reister" which is approved immediately. Click login, give yourself a name and password.