unwanted track numbers in titles

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
Post Reply
barnz
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:58 am

unwanted track numbers in titles

Post by barnz » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:07 am

Hi -
I have been using MAX for a couple of weeks and I am very happy with the improved sound quality of my digital music library.
I am a little disconcerted by the intermittent appearance of track numbers in the song titles - both in the filename as well as in the title in iTunes. Sometimes the number shows up once, sometimes twice, sometimes three times in a row, and without me changing settings. for example, I just finished importing a cd, and had some tracks come in without the number, and some with. I had hands off the whole time, so I'm pretty confused. I can't find where this issue has been addressed in the forum previously so I signed up looking for help!

User avatar
sbooth
Site Admin
Posts: 2445
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:45 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: unwanted track numbers in titles

Post by sbooth » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:36 am

What version of Max and OS X are you using?

barnz
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:58 am

Re: unwanted track numbers in titles

Post by barnz » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:30 am

oops!
Sorry for not being specific.
Max 0.8.1
OS X 10.5.3

One other common issue - I often get this error when the encoder finishes writing a file:
Picture 1.png
It happens consistently for each song on a CD, but only for certain CDs. It seems mostly harmless, apart from holding up the Ripper from getting on to the next track, until I clear the dialog box.
Attachments
Picture 2.png
intermittant (and doubled!) Track numbers in iTunes

barnz
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:58 am

Re: unwanted track numbers in titles

Post by barnz » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:42 am

So I have figured out that the unwanted track number problem was correctable within iTunes:
Preferences: Advanced: Importing: uncheck "Create Filenames with Track numbers"

For some reason files created by Max were confusing iTunes, where rips done directly in iTunes seemed to be immune.

I was hoping correcting this would alleviate my other problem, the "Descriptor type mismatch" error. But sadly that's not the case. It's too bad because it really slows things down to have to clear the error dialog in between each song.

bc.rox.all
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:21 am

Re: unwanted track numbers in titles

Post by bc.rox.all » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:51 am

Changing this preference didn't fix the descriptor type mismatch error. :x

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest