Can't Get Max to Add Songs To iTunes

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
mwrowe

Can't Get Max to Add Songs To iTunes

Post by mwrowe » Sun May 11, 2008 7:36 am

Greetings!

Thanks for the tool!

I am having problems adding songs to my iTunes library. I am converting *.flac files to AAC (128 bit/high quality with VBR). I have "add to iTunes" checked, and I've set it up so it correctly creates artist/album subfolders within my iTunes music folder. The files I am converting are not commercial CD's, but amateur recordings of live shows. I'm entering the metadata manually for all the tracks.

I don't get any error, and the aac files are created in the right place-- but they don't show up in iTunes. Worse, when I try to import them manually from within iTunes, nothing happens. I should mention that my iTunes music folder is on a different drive from the iTunes library file.

I'm using OS X 10.4.11, and iTunes 7.6.2 (9). I have OS9 on my computer as well. It's a dual 1 MHz PPC G4.

Thanks!
Mike

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Can't Get Max to Add Songs To iTunes

Post by sbooth » Sun May 11, 2008 4:26 pm

It sounds like you might have the wrong output file type selected. In the Formats pane of the preferences, be sure you have selected MPEG-4 Audio(there are two, the first one should be the one you want) and that the extension is .m4a.

mwrowe

Re: Can't Get Max to Add Songs To iTunes

Post by mwrowe » Sun May 11, 2008 9:40 pm

That did the trick-- thanks a lot! This might be a good thing to clarify in the help, if you get a chance..

Thanks again,
Mike