Lost tags

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
colin_young

Lost tags

Post by colin_young » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:26 pm

I ripped from CD to ogg FLAC, then using http://files.sbooth.org/Max-r1367.tar.bz2 I converted to FLAC. Somewhere in that process I lost my tags. Stupidly, I deleted the original ogg FLAC files, so I can't confirm that they had the tags written in the first place.

So, a couple Qs. First, anyone else seen this, or did I stuff it up somehow (I'd be surprised since generally Max is pretty simple and just does the right thing)? Second, can anyone recommend a decent auto-tagger (OS X, Linux or Windows) that can construct tags from folder structure and filename?

Thanks.

Colin

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Lost tags

Post by sbooth » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:37 pm

My product Tag can construct metadata from file names.

I will run a test with Ogg FLAC files and see what metadata is written to them by Max.

colin_young

Post by colin_young » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:38 am

Yep. I managed to find that on my own just before checking for replies. Another awesome program. Thanks. Everything is back to normal again.

I'm going to rip another CD now and I'll see if I can recreate the lost tags issue again and report back with what I find.

colin_young

Post by colin_young » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:03 am

Just ripped a CD. I was able to rip straight to FLAC this time :) but I also did ogg FLAC. There are no tags in the ogg FLAC files (at least none that Max sees, so I'm assuming that means there aren't any at all).

Just FYI.

Colin