Window not closing

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
Fuga

Window not closing

Post by Fuga » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:59 pm

When a CD is finished ripping and is ejected (via the eject icon in the window since auto-eject is broken) the window remains populated with the CD's information. Ripping the next CD spawns a new window, leaving the old there. In multiple CD sessions that's a lot of windows. Is this normal? Should the window be "reuseable" or refresh?

I do have "Dynamically show and hide windows" checked. I would have "Close window when encoding completes" checked but need it open so as to eject the CD. I guess if I use Max much I'll just check that option and use the keystroke to eject.

gojou

Post by gojou » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:05 pm

The windowing behavior you describe is normal. The "broken" auto-eject behavior isn't, however.

Fuga

Post by Fuga » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:51 pm

gojou wrote:The windowing behavior you describe is normal.
Do you know the reasoning in that? Yes, one can check to have the window close, but then it just has to be remade when the next CD is inserted. Why not just have it refresh?

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:19 pm

Fuga wrote:
gojou wrote:The windowing behavior you describe is normal.
Do you know the reasoning in that? Yes, one can check to have the window close, but then it just has to be remade when the next CD is inserted. Why not just have it refresh?
It's just the application's design- I wanted to be able to open and edit the cdinfo files without a corresponding CD in the drive. In reality, a CD window represents a cdinfo file on disc, and when a disc is inserted it is matched to a cdinfo file and enables the ripping functionality.

Fuga

Post by Fuga » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:49 pm

'K. That makes a bunch of sense and is very nice. OTOH, having it refresh would be pretty nifty, too, especially when you potentially end up with many windows or having to close each one.

But like was said earlier, I guess this is moot provided the auto-eject gets fixed, the pref to auto-close is ticked, and/or the user doesn't mind getting to the keyboard for the eject keystroke.

Again, thanks for all the work.