How dows the Music Brainz feature work?

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
Chrisblaze

How dows the Music Brainz feature work?

Post by Chrisblaze » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:12 am

I have tried to get the info for my cds, but everytime I click the MusicBrainz tab, nothing happens. Im using Version 0.8 with 10.5.2.

Mike1

Re: How dows the Music Brainz feature work?

Post by Mike1 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:46 am

Chrisblaze wrote:I have tried to get the info for my cds, but everytime I click the MusicBrainz tab, nothing happens. Im using Version 0.8 with 10.5.2.
Lord knows.

I tend to use the script to pull the information from iTunes, because in the past I've found that database more reliable and more full populated -- besides, I prefer its taxonomy, since it has a "Composer" tag. So I haven't used MusicBrainbz in awhile and not at all with Max version 0.8.

However, I just put a CD in to check, and, while the CD should be quite widely available, clicking the query button also did nothing for me.

Now MusicBrainz has an interface you can query with a web-browser as well

http://musicbrainz.org/search.html

I did that and the CD is in its database.

So now I don't know. It has worked for me in the past with earlier versions, but it's not working in 0.8 for me either.

What have you got on the "MusicBrainz" tab in Preferences? Maybe it's something to do with the settings there.

EDIT:

OK, it is working for me. I just tried yet another CD and it did fetch the tracks for that. Why it wouldn't for the other one, although it was in their database, I simply don't know. I suspect sometimes it'll work and sometimes it won't.