Track number in file name Title tag.

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
Fuga

Track number in file name Title tag.

Post by Fuga » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:28 am

I'm not talking about the name of the file itself. That can be gotten by specifying {trackNumber} in the Output>Custom naming field. But the actual tag for Title will still not have the track number, at least not in my limited testing.

RonaldPR

Re: Track number in file name Title tag.

Post by RonaldPR » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:39 pm

The track number is in the Track Number tag. Why do you want it also in the Title tag?

Fuga

Post by Fuga » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:20 pm

RonaldPR wrote:The track number is in the Track Number tag. Why do you want it also in the Title tag?
I still use iTunes half the time. For some odd reason adding a set of files to its library does not put them in track order. (Hell I can't figure out what order it is.) To play them in order I have to create a playlist in which they can be sorted by track number. If the Title tag has the track number prepended they are added to the library in that order. Other apps will add the track number to the Title tag if the user so chooses (am most familiar with EAC on Win and NMP3 Ripper on Mac).

Most of my iTunes listening is a set of files maybe once a year, if that. Say I want to hear a certain piece and want it in the order it was released (e.g. classical, concept, or concert recordings). I can not just go to them in the library, highlight, and hit play. I have to create the playlist. Actually my workaround is to have an empty playlist named TEMP which does at least save a few moments.

Fuga

Post by Fuga » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:10 am

No response from anyone knowledgeable about coding? I mentioned at least one Mac app that can do it. Surely Max could?

Fuga

Post by Fuga » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:32 pm

I did find an iTunes script (Doug's of course) that will add that and a bit more. Not the best solution but better than doing it one by one. Already my life is "easier."