Problem with Ejecting Discs

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
Clutz

Problem with Ejecting Discs

Post by Clutz » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:03 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this. I debated posting this in the development forum, but I felt that this was the safest avenue.

I cannot eject a disc after I've ripped it with Max, unless I quit Max. I'm not sure why. If I try to get Max to eject it, it just complains that it cannot (I forgot to write down the error message, I will next time and I'll post it).

Is anyone else having this problem?

My machine:
Power Mac G4 867 with 1.25GB RAM, and a CD-RW drive. Running the latest version of tiger (10.4.6), and the latest version of Max (0.6.1), although I had same difficulty with the Max pre 0.60.

Fuga

Post by Fuga » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:59 am

Do you have Preferences set to auto-eject? If so, turn off and use the Eject button from the CD files list ripping window.

I had already un-ticked the auto-eject pref but this issue can rear its head in another instance. Whenever I quit converting before finished the same thing happens. The disc can not be ejected until Max is quit. Trying to eject using Disk Utility gives the error that the disc is still in use by another app (Max, even though nothing's going on with Max).

I suspect the two are related, that there is something in Max that makes the OS think things are still going on.

corwin

Same problem here

Post by corwin » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:54 am

Running both an iBook and a 17" Al book with 10.4.7. The CD doesn't eject when the ripping is done and comes up with an error (can not eject disk). No other method to Eject works until Max is quit (Max is holding the disk active). Looks like a race between releasing the disk and ejecting it.