Stop Asking if it is OK to Eject CD...

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
nathanziarek

Stop Asking if it is OK to Eject CD...

Post by nathanziarek » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:21 pm

I am trying to rip all of my CDs to FLAC and in an attempt to get a good workflow going here, I've picked up on Max - very nice, BTW.

The only problem I have it that I would like to, everytime I insert a CD, have Max find it, rip it, convert it and then spit it out (That noise is my cue to get up and pop another CD in). The process seems like it is all there, however, once Max is done ripping the CD (and therefore has no use for it) while still in the process of converting or encoding the tracks, a dialog box pops up asking "Are you sure you would like to Eject while operations are happening?" (That is _not_ verbatim :))

That wouldn't even be so bad, if when the converting was done the CD then popped out, but it doesn't.

Is there any way to make Max a little smarter about when it needs the CD so that it can eject it before the conversion process is complete?

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Stop Asking if it is OK to Eject CD...

Post by sbooth » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:35 pm

nathanziarek wrote:I am trying to rip all of my CDs to FLAC and in an attempt to get a good workflow going here, I've picked up on Max - very nice, BTW.

The only problem I have it that I would like to, everytime I insert a CD, have Max find it, rip it, convert it and then spit it out (That noise is my cue to get up and pop another CD in). The process seems like it is all there, however, once Max is done ripping the CD (and therefore has no use for it) while still in the process of converting or encoding the tracks, a dialog box pops up asking "Are you sure you would like to Eject while operations are happening?" (That is _not_ verbatim :))

That wouldn't even be so bad, if when the converting was done the CD then popped out, but it doesn't.

Is there any way to make Max a little smarter about when it needs the CD so that it can eject it before the conversion process is complete?
I will fix this in the next major release. Can you file a bug report/feature reqeust @ http://sbooth.org/mantis/?