why does the file say Compilation?

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
rydenfan

why does the file say Compilation?

Post by rydenfan » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:47 am

When I go to the folder I created to hold what I ripped with MAX the first folder say Compilation. Then we I double click that all of the albums are there. I would think the first folder would be the artists name? Please help, I am brand new and totally new to this.

Mike1

Re: why does the file say Compilation?

Post by Mike1 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:01 pm

Since no one else has stepped in yet ...

I think probably because the CDs you ripped had been marked as "Compilations" (whether they were or not) in the database that Max was pulling the track information from.

What player are you using? If it's iTunes then iTunes will organize the files for you when you import the tracks anyway -- in iTunes look on the menubar:

File > Add to Library...

That's providing you have both the boxes "Keep iTunes music folder organized" and "Copy to iTunes Music folder when adding to library" in iTunes's Preferences under "Advanced" checked. After importing them highlight each album -- you'll find them in the playlist "Recently Added" --do a "Get Info" and check the "Info" tab. If the box marked "Part of a compilation" is checked but the album does not have multiple artists uncheck it.

rydenfan

Post by rydenfan » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:53 pm

The weird thing is, is that I made sure Compliation is not checked.

I am not using itunes, I am using Slimserver. It comes out right in Slimserver but it still concerns me that all the albums are under compilation and bot my the artist.

RonaldPR

Post by RonaldPR » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:58 pm

The format for folder and file naming is determined by the preference setting for output file naming. What is your setting there?