Error messages from itunes

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
wallofsound

Error messages from itunes

Post by wallofsound » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:57 pm

When converting from Flac to AAC and using the preferences to "add output to iTunes library" I get an error message from some (but not all) of the converted files as they are added to iTunes: An error occurred while tagging the file "__' itunes got an error:file permission error

I'm running OSX 10.4.10 on a 1.8 GHz PowerPC G5 and iTunes 7 / Max 0.7.1

I couldn't find this problem on the board, so I hope I'm not bothering you with an issue you have already dealt with.
Thank you for a great piece of software.

thealmost

Re: Error messages from itunes

Post by thealmost » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:40 pm

Hello All,

I'm getting errors when trying to have Max automatically add my audio to iTunes. It actually copies my .aif (linear pcm) file to iTunes and it works but I get the error: An error occurred while tagging the file "10 I Will. (No Man's Land.).aiff". iTunes got an error: A descriptor type mismatch occurred.

I've tried different formats and a few different things. I found the same problem in the forums here with older versions and people saying that they altered the Add to iTunes Library.scpt, but this newer version doesn't have and such .scpt file to edit and I haven't done anything like that before.

I'm on a G5 Power PC, OS X 10.4.11. Latest Max version, iTunes version 7.6.2 (9)

Any suggestions? I love this software, but can't use it effectively. If I skip the "add to iTunes" step and just drag my files into iTunes, I lose all the tagging for some reason.

If I can get this thing working I'd like to rip a flac and aiff at the same time, but put them in different directories of my choice. Any way to do this?

I'm using iTunes to rip Cds until I can resolve this issue. I'd much rather use Max but... iTunes if fine as long as the CDs are in decent shape. I get the iTunes error around 80% of the time! Yikes. It has something to do with tagging.

Thanks all.

T-
Last edited by thealmost on Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

randian

Post by randian » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:03 am

thealmost wrote: I'm getting errors when trying to have Max automatically add my audio to iTunes. It actually copies my .aif (linear pcm) file to iTunes and it works but I get the error: An error occurred while tagging the file "10 I Will. (No Man's Land.).aiff". iTunes got an error: A descriptor type mismatch occurred.
I get this too. It always happens when I allow Max to automatically get track info from Musicbrainz, and never happens when I manually type in the track info. For some unknown and obviously wrong reason, Max is treating these differently.

JRFOX

Post by JRFOX » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:06 am

same thing occurs with me. too frustrating. I believe this is a great program tough - for me the update was a setback. I will reluctantly use Itunes. It is to frustrating to hit enter each time.

i hope this can be resolved as i am encoding my entire CD collection into a hard drive, i hope to avoid any snap crackle and pops but conversion to for FLAC or others is not my concern.

DownBoy

Post by DownBoy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:40 am

Just started using Max again after a long break when everything seemed to run well enough in iTunes, and have run into the descriptor type mismatch problem as well. Went back to Max 0.7, and that works fine, so it seems that the problem is with one of the upgrades since then.