Conversion Problem: Max quits with SHN

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
Elrond

Conversion Problem: Max quits with SHN

Post by Elrond » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:42 pm

Every time I try to convert a batch of files from SHN to MP3 or M4A the program quits. I can convert the files 1 at a time, but if I try to convert more than 1 file the program just dumps. I am running system 10.5.1 on a G5. FLAC files seem to work in batches, but not SHN. does anyone have a workaround for this.

- Elrond

Elrond

Re: Conversion Problem: Max quits with SHN

Post by Elrond » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:09 pm

To add to this, when it does convert the FLAC files, it drops all file name information and I have to figure out which file is which song from times. Am I missing a setting or are the files missing tags of some kind.

- Elrond

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:58 am

The SHN decoder is not thread safe, so you cannot batch convert from SHN. The FLAC issue is a separate one- can you give a concrete example of what tags exists on an input file and what you are seeing in the converted file?

Elrond

Post by Elrond » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:13 pm

Well, I am new to all this so I will do my best.

When I run a batch of FLAC files, I get a folder named unknown artist. Inside that is a folder named unknown artist. In that are files named 00 Unknown Track.m4a (or whatever extension is), 00 Unknown Track-1.m4a, 00 Unknown Track-2.m4a, etc. These are named in the order the tracks finish, not the order of the original files. These names are completely independent of the original names of the files.

- Elrond

krmathis

Post by krmathis » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:32 pm

Elrond. ..and the source files have metadata (tags) which include the data you have set up Max to use for output file naming?
Max don't care about the source file naming, but use metadata for naming the output files.