splitting ape files to mp3

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
morrissey

splitting ape files to mp3

Post by morrissey » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:14 pm

Running Leopard. Using single ape file and ape.cue, I am trying to split into mp3 files. Each output mp3 file is larger than the previous one, also no titles to the output files. I am new at this. My input file is called CDImage.ape and CDImage.ape.cue. The output files CDImage.mp3 and CDImage-1.mp3, etc. The output files are playable and if I load into Itunes I can see the correct track infomation for each. But the second file contains the correct track infomation but the data for track 1 and 2. And the third contains the data for the first 3 tracks, though correctly labels with the third track.

Make Sense? Thanks.

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: splitting ape files to mp3

Post by sbooth » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:43 pm

It sounds like the seeking in APE files might not be working correctly. Are there any output messages in the console?

morrissey

Post by morrissey » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:31 am

These are the consol messages when attempting the split---

1/1/08 1:26:16 AM Max[184] -[NSDocumentController fileExtensionsFromType:] is deprecated, and does not work when passed a uniform type identifier (UTI). If the application didn't invoke it directly then the problem is probably that some other NSDocument or NSDocumentController method is getting confused by a UTI that's not actually declared anywhere. Maybe it should be declared in the UTExportedTypeDeclarations section of this app's Info.plist but is not. The alleged UTI in question is "org.xiph.flac".
1/1/08 1:26:16 AM Max[184] An NSDocumentController returned nil when sent -fileExtensionsFromType:@"org.xiph.flac". See the info about new support for UTIs in the Leopard AppKit release notes.

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:37 am

This is fixed in r1333.