Meta Data doesn't look right in I-Tunes

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
ajbarks

Meta Data doesn't look right in I-Tunes

Post by ajbarks » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:29 pm

I'm using MAX to rip both FLAC and MP3 files. I used a service to rip most of my collection and as I buy new music, I use MAX to rip a FLAC and MP3 file. The mp3 files get imported into I-Tunes but I can't get the meta data to match what the rest of my files look like. For example, my files that were ripped by the service I used show track numbers in I-tunes as 1, 2, 3... and the ones I rip using MAX look like 1 of 12, 2 of 12, 3 of 12... I would like to edit this info before ripping so I don't have to go through each file and change it. Is editing the Meta data before the multiple format rip a possibility in MAX? Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks...

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Meta Data doesn't look right in I-Tunes

Post by sbooth » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:47 am

So you do not want the total number of tracks to show up in iTunes?

ajbarks

Post by ajbarks » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:58 am

That is correct but I would like to edit this tag or meta data (not sure what the correct) info before it ever gets to iTunes. I would also like the info to be the same for my FLAC and MP3 rips because I have my lossless music played through nice speakers in my home via a russound media server and the mp3 files played on an i-pod. in both cases, i like the information that is displayed on whatever interface i'm using to show consistent data (meaning it needs to look like the rest of my collection) as it relates to song number, artist, disc number etc...

Make sense? Thanks a lot for your help and your software is really a great tool. Thanks!

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:32 pm

Right now if you are ripping from a CD there is no way to specify that the total tracks should not be set- this is a property of the disc (like the track number) that is automatically read and set. Can you not select all the added tracks in iTunes and remove the total tracks tag?

ajbarks

Post by ajbarks » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:50 pm

I'll try that. Thanks again...