NSTableView identifiers must conform?

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
rickross

NSTableView identifiers must conform?

Post by rickross » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:02 pm

I received a brand new Cowboy Junkies CD today and put it into my Mac to rip it for my collection. After selecting all tracks and clicking "Encode"I immediately got the following message:
An error occurred while ripping tracks from the disc "Trinity Revisited".
Column identifiers used with NSTableView autosave feature must conform to NSCoding protocol.
Anyone have any idea how to correct this cryptic problem?

Thanks,
Rick

iano

Re: NSTableView identifiers must conform?

Post by iano » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:16 pm

I have the same problem, since compiling the latest version in SVN last night. It seems to occur on all CD I try to rip.

Ian

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:49 pm

I haven't been able to reproduce this. Is there already an existing .cdinfo file from a previous version of Max for the discs causing the problems?

iano

Post by iano » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:06 pm

Thanks.

I'll send what I have got this evening after work...could you remind me where to find these files and where the send them (i.e do I just post them to the forum as an attachment?)

RonaldPR

Post by RonaldPR » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:30 pm

Max saves the .cdinfo files in ~/Library/Application Support/Max/
Double clicking will open a .cdinfo file in Max and show the saved CD tags.

If a previously saved .cdinfo file for the CD causes the problem, you could try to find that file and remove it. Or simply move the "Max" folder out of ~/Library/Application Support/ and see if that solves the problem.

hoofed

Post by hoofed » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:05 am

I had this same problem since moving to the unstable copy of Max, because I'm using Leopard. Purging the ~/Library/Application Support/Max folder solved the problem.

iano

Post by iano » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:01 am

No Max directory in that Application Support directory. Indeed, according to spotlight there is no 'Max' directory on my hard drive at all.

However, I ran the delete preferences script, then re ripped the CD, and did not have the problem occur with the original problem disc.

hoofed

Post by hoofed » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:23 am

I spoke too soon. The problem returned for me, and purging the ~/Library/Application Support/Max folder doesn't fix it any more. :-/

andyfowler

Post by andyfowler » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:38 am

I can confirm the same error, using the recent unstable (r1328) and a version I compiled myself from the current SVN (r1331). I'm running Leopard, on an Intel MBP.

Removing ~/Library/Application Support/Max/ had no effect. Disk info was retrieved with no problem via MusicBrainz.

I'd be glad to try to help out with any troubleshooting. Thanks for the great software!

andyfowler

Post by andyfowler » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:45 am

Ah -- spoke too soon. Removing ~/Library/Preferences/org.sbooth.Max.plist did fix the error (in r1331). Everything is ripping/encoding just fine now. Would you like a copy of my old and busted preference plist?

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:13 am

andyfowler wrote:Ah -- spoke too soon. Removing ~/Library/Preferences/org.sbooth.Max.plist did fix the error (in r1331). Everything is ripping/encoding just fine now. Would you like a copy of my old and busted preference plist?
I would guess that Apple changed the way NSTableView autosaves its data in Leopard. I would be curious to see both your old and new preference plists.

andyfowler

Post by andyfowler » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:47 pm

No problem: http://www.andyfowler.com/max-prefs.zip

Contains both my working and broken preference plists. Hope to help!