Question on encoding and how files are copied

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
DaftUnion

Question on encoding and how files are copied

Post by DaftUnion » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:20 pm

I have my settings in Max set to automatically send the output file I encode to iTunes after Max encodes the file. However, I also noticed that everything I encode puts a folder of the same music in my music folder in finder. Recently, I incorrectly encoded an album that wasn't to my satisfaction, so I deleted the songs Max added to iTunes but didn't delete the folder Max also made in the music folder.

My question is this: will Max take the newer version of the song I encoded and send it to iTunes if the other duplicate folder in the music folder is still there? I tried out one song on another album and I see that the program adds a 1, 2, 3, ect. if you encode the same music under the same filename but I just want to make sure the new encoding is in my library and not the old faulty encoding.

Fuga

Re: Question on encoding and how files are copied

Post by Fuga » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:24 pm

The adding of 1, 2, etc. is by Finder.

When you deleted from iTunes you should have gotten a message asking if you wanted to delete from the drive and move them to Trash. In this case you would have wanted to do so. Since you have deleted them from the Library via iTunes, the new in iTunes will be the new.

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:35 am

Fuga wrote:The adding of 1, 2, etc. is by Finder.
Actually Max adds the -1, -2, -3 etc when the output file exists and the user has not selected the option to overwrite existing files. But Max will always send the file just encoded to iTunes, regardless of how many similarly named files exist on disk.

DaftUnion

Post by DaftUnion » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:39 am

Thanks for the quick reply and answering the question :D