Cannot add wma lossless files in 'file conversion' window

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
john.a.conte

Cannot add wma lossless files in 'file conversion' window

Post by john.a.conte » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:14 am

Hi, I'm new to Max (and Mac), but have over 350 Gig of WMA lossless I'd like to convert to Apple Lossless. Unfortunately, after selecting the directory (or files) from an external drive, nothing shows up in the File Conversion window (I'm only selecting 1 directory for now, but I also tried a single wma file). I've looked at previous posts, but could only find reference to Max 'not liking the selected file'. I've tried moving some files to the local drive, thinking it could be an issue with the external drive (I'm setting the output to also be in another folder of the external drive) but no go. Any ideas?
Thank You!

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Cannot add wma lossless files in 'file conversion' window

Post by sbooth » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:40 am

Max currently doesn't support WMA (lossless or otherwise), unfortunately. I have a WMA decoder for lamip, but I don't believe it supports lossless either.

RonaldPR

Post by RonaldPR » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:17 am

Maybe you can use EasyWMA for (intermediate) conversion: http://www.easywma.com/

john.a.conte

Post by john.a.conte » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:20 pm

Thanks Ronald. Unfortunately EasyWMA does not support Lossless either. I called Mac support and they did not recommend it based on their knowledge base.
I've figured out a way:
1. Use latest iTunes on my PC connected to my external drive to convert from WMA lossless to Apple Lossless
2. Import into iTunes on my Mac
I've done a dry run on a couple of albums, but I do loose the album art.

John

penguindoctor

Post by penguindoctor » Sat May 10, 2008 1:09 am

Thanks Stephen for a great piece of software.

I have a bunch of lossless wma files as well. Used the Windows version of iTunes to import and convert as above, but made the process a lot less awkward by running Parallels Desktop - meaning I could do it all on my Mac without reboot.

Felt slightly dirty inside running the Windows version of iTunes on my Mac, but what can you do..... :oops: