Converting to mp4 (AAC) from .flac

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
kenoli

Converting to mp4 (AAC) from .flac

Post by kenoli » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:19 pm

I just converted some flac files to aac only to find itunes will not accept them. I then tried to convert them to mp4 (the version that has aac after it in parentheses) and was unable to convert the flac files (I think the error said "Unable to create output"). However, when I tried to convert the files I had already converted to aac, it worked fine.

itunes accepts the converted files.

Is this double conversion necessary? Any ideas what is going on or information that would help me?

Thanks,

--Kenoli

PS -- I spoke too soon. Oddly, these files will play in iTunes, but iTunes will not let me copy them to an iPod. What's up. I find iTunes to be extremely squeamish about everything.

RonaldPR

Re: Converting to mp4 (AAC) from .flac

Post by RonaldPR » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:54 pm

The naming of the encoding formats in Max is a little confusing. If you want to convert to AAC do not use "AAC ADTS" but use one of the MPEG4-audio encodings. Double conversion is certainly not necessary. After adding the correct encoding format, did you select it (check the box) to be used?

kenoli

Post by kenoli » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:31 pm

>>>After adding the correct encoding format, did you select it (check the box) to be used?[/quote]

I believe so. I will try again.

--Kenoli

shoar

Post by shoar » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:01 am

. . make sure output is named as *.m4a