ExtAudioFileWrapAudioFileID failed: wht?

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
jsw

Post by jsw » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:30 am

I received this error on 9 files upon encoding a set of 3700 files from ALAC to AAC 192 VBR:

An error occurred while encoding the file "1-04 N.I.B..m4a".

The target file is created and plays ok. I'm guessing there was an error with writing some metadata?

Also, it would be nice if an encoding error didn't interrupt the encoding process waiting for me to press "OK". Maybe the errors could be logged in a separate window while the encoding continues to process the queue.

I am running Max 0.7.1 on OS X 10.4.9 with all latest software updates.

thanks,
jeff

Grumps

Re: ExtAudioFileWrapAudioFileID failed: wht?

Post by Grumps » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:20 pm

I get the same message when trying to convert iTunes Plus files to FLAC. Only way I've found in my case is to burn files to disc then rip to FLAC using Max. I thought iTunes Plus was without DRM and there would be no need to do this? Any help please?

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:07 am

Grumps wrote:I get the same message when trying to convert iTunes Plus files to FLAC. Only way I've found in my case is to burn files to disc then rip to FLAC using Max. I thought iTunes Plus was without DRM and there would be no need to do this? Any help please?
The CoreAudio decoder that Max uses to read m4a files can't currently handle iTunes Plus tracks. I believe this is a metadata issue, though I have no tracks to test this hypothesis. QuickTime is able to handle the files, but Max does not currently have a QuickTime decoder. I guess I need to buy an iTunes Plus track to play with to figure out exactly what the problem is.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:16 pm

Thanks for the quick reply Stephen. I was concerned that I was doing something wrong. At least I know the work round - I only occasionally buy fromiTunes as they are generally more costly than the cd and a cd is the back up too. :)

Regards
Grumps