OK really dumb question--I can't launch MAX

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
krelligan

OK really dumb question--I can't launch MAX

Post by krelligan » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:18 pm

Sorry for the rudimentary stuff, but I just downloaded MAX for OS...unstuffed in to my desktop and when I click on the MAX CD icon, I can't seem to launch it.

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: OK really dumb question--I can't launch MAX

Post by sbooth » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:50 pm

krelligan wrote:Sorry for the rudimentary stuff, but I just downloaded MAX for OS...unstuffed in to my desktop and when I click on the MAX CD icon, I can't seem to launch it.
Which version of OS X are you running? Max requires 10.4 or higher to work properly.

ron091

Can't launch the Max software either

Post by ron091 » Mon May 01, 2006 8:44 am

I'm also new here. I downloaded Max to my brand-new iMac yesterday. I have OSX 10.4.6 It unbundled and I put it in my applications folder. Whenever I double-click it, it appears in the tray on the bottom. However, nothing else happens, except if I load a CD. Then Max opens, with the tracks from the CD on it.

But what I want to really do is convert brand-new FLAC files from BitTorrent.

I have the new FLACS on the desktop in the folder they downloaded. I try to drag them to Max, and nothing happens. I try to double-click Max, and nothing happens.

What gives? Can anyone please help? Thanks in advance.

shanecavanaugh

Post by shanecavanaugh » Mon May 01, 2006 9:52 am

In Max's preferences, you can choose which formats you want to convert the FLAC files to. Use the "Convert Files..." menu option in the Files menu to select the FLAC files.

herman

Post by herman » Mon May 01, 2006 1:00 pm

It looks like nothing happened but if you look at the top of the screen you will see that the MAX menu is available.

ron091

Problems launching

Post by ron091 » Mon May 01, 2006 5:29 pm

Yes I see the menu across the top! It works, and although the input/output selections are not very intuitive, it is done OK in the end.

While converting the files to Apple Lossless, MAX stopped working half-way through without any warning. I then re-opened it, and finished the files that were not done. It worked the second time through.