Modifying incorrect track info?

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
phule

Post by phule » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:51 pm

How can I modify incorrect track info when part of freedb info is grayed-out?

I was correcting track titles on a CD I planned to rip/encode when I discovered that one track title contained 3 songs. But freedb lists the the track title as the 3rd song title. The 2nd & 3rd title are in the area devoted to the Artist name for that particular track and is grayed-out. The same artist performs on all tracks.

How can I delete the bad info in the grayed out are. All this info is obtained by cmd-I :?: :?:
Bob

shanecavanaugh

Post by shanecavanaugh » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:54 pm

To change the Artist, Album, Year, Genre, and Composer for individual tracks, check the Compilation checkbox above the track listing.

phule

Post by phule » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:04 am

shanecavanaugh wrote:To change the Artist, Album, Year, Genre, and Composer for individual tracks, check the Compilation checkbox above the track listing.
Won't doing this make the resulting encoded album be identified as a compilation, which it isn't?
Bob

shanecavanaugh

Post by shanecavanaugh » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:26 pm

True, it will. You could try my suggestion, then use Tag to remove the COMPLIATION tag, or just use Tag instead of Max for tagging.

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:40 pm

Or, you could change all the info and then uncheck the Compilation box- the info will remain but the album won't be marked as a compilation.

phule

Post by phule » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:38 pm

sbooth wrote:Or, you could change all the info and then uncheck the Compilation box- the info will remain but the album won't be marked as a compilation.
Thanks, that's what I did. :!:
Bob