How to Build Play on xcode 4.2

Discuss the development and future direction of Play.
widevisiondev

How to Build Play on xcode 4.2

Post by widevisiondev » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:49 am

Hello
I downloaded source code for PLAY and I am trying to build it in xcode 4.2 . But it is giving plug-in error for 2 xib files i.e
HotKeyPreferences.xib and AudioLibrary.xib. I want to know where can I Found the plug-ins for these two.

And I also deleted those nibs and run application but it is not showing any xib and my app is crashing. I want to play flac files for iphone . Console Log is -
dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/Growl.framework/Versions/A/Growl
Referenced from: /Users/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Play-dfzrpfvkxqosfsblriltnmgstgpt/Build/Products/Debug/Play.app/Contents/MacOS/Play
Reason: image not found
Please Help !

Thanks in Advance ...

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: How to Build Play on xcode 4.2

Post by sbooth » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:40 am

If you want to play FLAC files on iOS devices, please look at SFBAudioEngine. Play doesn't support iOS.

As far as building with Xcode 4.2, I haven't tried. I know IB no longer supports plugins so it is probably necessary to replace the plugin classes with generic NSViews and set their classes manually.

widevisiondev

Post by widevisiondev » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:02 am

Thanks for reply .

I want to play Flac files in ios and downloaded code from https://github.com/sbooth/SFBAudioEngine/downloads

I added frameworks for mac os and it build successfully but when I run app it crashes and gives
dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/dumb.framework/Versions/A/dumb
Referenced from: /Users/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SFBAudioEngine-frrtbwxsqekjtmekpdfikqaqcsso/Build/Products/Debug/SimplePlayer.app/Contents/MacOS/SimplePlayer
Reason: image not found
And When I am trying to make build for ios app It is giving error
Command /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin/libtool failed with exit code 1
Please help me to run this app .

Harry Manback

Post by Harry Manback » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:51 pm

How about getting it to build on Xcode 6.2.2?

I've very new to mac development.

It looks like just 2 frameworks have issues: net.brockerhoff.RBSplitView.IBPlugin

and in AudioLibrary.xib: /Play-master/English.lproj/HotKeyPreferences.xib:12: User defined runtime attributes on OS X versions prior to 10.6

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:14 pm

You should be able to replace RBSplitView with NSSplitView. NSSplitView has come a long way since the 10.4/10.5 days.