Building Play today...

Discuss the development and future direction of Play.
doubleaa

Building Play today...

Post by doubleaa » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:45 pm

Hello,
I have grabbed the latest from bzr and am trying to build. I am using Snow Leopard 10.6.1.

My problem is clearly the frameworks. I can drop in the prebuilt frameworks from the Play page on the site here, but I'd like to build them all. I see mention on this forum of a 'BuildFrameworks.sh' (or something like that) but I don't have that. Even if I had to manually get each of the libraries' sources directly and drop in, that would be fine. Incidentally, dropping in the files from the archive, I was still having issues building. This was in the xcode ide.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Aaron

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Building Play today...

Post by sbooth » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:38 am

build-frameworks.sh is a script for building the frameworks included in Max- it won't help for Play.

Right now I'm not distributing the sources/projects for the frameworks solely for my convenience. What build errors were you getting using the Frameworks from this site?

doubleaa

Post by doubleaa » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:30 am

Ok re: Frameworks....

As for build errors, doing an x86_64 10.6 build I get issues initially trying to resolve 'HotKeyPreferences.xib (unable to resolve dependency) and then building AudioLibrary.m sfmt19337.h is not found (no such file or directory) and RBSplitView/RBSplitView.h (no such file or directory).

There are a lot of other errors (45 total and a ton of warnings) but this is my starting point right now. I also see issues resolving RBSplitSubView.h. Further down, resolving SFBCrashReporter (PlayApplicationDelegate.m). Lastly (in terms of resolving missing files) TagLib is out of date. Looking on their site, the most recent version supports the aiff tags, and I think the version in the archive is dated.

Lastly, the archive I refer to is the 'Play-frameworks-20080209.tar.bz2'. Is there a newer one I missed?

Thanks!

<Edit - Also an i386 build, though slightly less in errors at 38, still obviously has the same missing files mentioned above>

Aaron

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:39 am

I just uploaded a new version of the frameworks- please grab http://files.sbooth.org/Play-frameworks ... 15.tar.bz2 and see if that helps.

Right now Play won't build as 64-bit, but I'm working on it.

doubleaa

Post by doubleaa » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:38 am

Many thanks - that helped immensely. I'm left with 4 errors (and I'm building 32 bit right now).

I still get on the first file, English.lproj/HotKeyPreferences.xib the 'Unable to resolve plugin dependency for HotKeyPreferences.xib'.

The rest of the errors are all around compiling AudioLibrary.m. It still can't find the sfmt1337.m.

On line 399: playosx/AudioLibrary/AudioLibrary.m:399: error: implicit declaration of function 'init_gen_rand'
On line 1147: playosx/AudioLibrary/AudioLibrary.m:1147: error: implicit declaration of function 'genrand_real2'

This is with rev 1107.

Thanks!

EDIT: The nib error is related to the following (upon opening in interface builder):

Locate the net.wafflesoftware.ShortcutRecorder.IB.Leopard Interface Builder plug-in to continue opening this document. Press "continue" to continue opening without resolving the dependency.

mattn

Post by mattn » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:39 pm

doubleaa wrote:Locate the net.wafflesoftware.ShortcutRecorder.IB.Leopard Interface Builder plug-in
I'd suggest that you locate it. :)

http://wafflesoftware.net/shortcut/

The other stuff seems to be about SFMT, which is here:

http://www.math.sci.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/~m-mat/MT/SFMT/

m.

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:27 am

I upgraded the SFMT version because the old one wouldn't build in C99 mode. I checked in the new sources and forgot to check in the new project file, apparently.

Eventually I'll get things working on 64 bit but right now I'm reworking the audio engine internals, to hopefully eliminate skipping and fix 192 KHz playback.