Three ideas for Play!

Discuss the development and future direction of Play.
rindom

Three ideas for Play!

Post by rindom » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:02 pm

Hi
I have three ideas for Play!

1: Align the music library and playlist vertical instead of horizontal –
Music library left and playlist right. This will make it more logical to use..

2: Ad music automatically when the playlist runs out. Nobody likes silence

3: Ad kiosk mode/full screen option with only “ad to playlist” option available. This is great if you are having a party, and don’t want people to change song every half minute. Use a key combination to get back to normal mode.

Hope you like the ideas. :D
Jakob Rindom Madsen. Denmark

encosion

Re: Three ideas for Play!

Post by encosion » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:56 am

rindom wrote:3: Ad kiosk mode/full screen option with only “ad to playlist” option available. This is great if you are having a party, and don’t want people to change song every half minute. Use a key combination to get back to normal mode.
Agreed... I'd like a full screen mode... Something really simple... Like current playing song in large simple Helvetica font, white on black... Maybe a the next track that's going to be played too a (much smaller) at the bottom of the screen (40% white on black or something like that) - handy for random playback... You could incorporate user customiseable strings for these too so that we could choose wether we just wanted just the song title displayed, or the year / artist too etc... Just a thought! Thanks!

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Three ideas for Play!

Post by sbooth » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:37 am

Please submit any feature requests to the new and improved issue tracker. It is much easier for me to keep track of them that way.