Suggestions: Edit Metadata

Discuss the development and future direction of Play.
Remain

Suggestions: Edit Metadata

Post by Remain » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:36 pm

1) It'd be nice if the "Edit Metadata" dialog could be resized, at least horizontally.
This is mainly because sometimes, the file path longer than the dialog width, and in such a case, there's no way to see the missing part. (no Tooltip, nothing)
(For the same reason, I'd also suggest this for the Track Information dialog as well.)
Also, this way, the text fields on the left side (Title, Artists, etc.) could resize as the window resizes as well, which helps when more space is needed for those fields.

2) IMO, the "Edit Metadata" dialog shouldn't be a sheet.
-The animation takes a bit of time, so if you want to edit 10 files, you'll be seeing slide in, slide out, slide in, slide out ad nauseum.
-I think sheets are only meant for dialogs that apply to the whole window? Which isn't really the case here.
-iTunes uses a standard dialog window for its Get Info dialog.
Sure, Apple doesn't always respect its UI rules and guidelines, but there must be a reason they didn't make it a sheet.
(Like #1, I'd also suggest this for the Track Information dialog.)

3) The Track boxes are a bit too small; a number of 3 digits and more won't be completely displayed.
Many MP3 have their Track number in 3 digits (the 1st representing the disc number, and 2nd-3rd for the actual track number).

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions: Edit Metadata

Post by sbooth » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:12 pm

Remain wrote:1) It'd be nice if the "Edit Metadata" dialog could be resized, at least horizontally.
This is mainly because sometimes, the file path longer than the dialog width, and in such a case, there's no way to see the missing part. (no Tooltip, nothing)
This behavior is present in r932.