GUI and scrolling and sorting

Discuss the development and future direction of Play.
Paul Gotch

GUI and scrolling and sorting

Post by Paul Gotch » Sun May 13, 2007 12:54 pm

I've observe that in both the Play Queue and the library that the column withs are independent of the size of the window. Therefore if you resize the window you ge a horizontal scroll bar to scroll to the bit of the window you can't see.

However some strange things go on with the last collum. If you resize it such that the columns you have do not fill the full width of the window then make the window smaller such that you can't see the last column then make the window bigger again Play forgets the width of the last column.

It's not really a problem as such but just an oddity.

I also observe that Play that I can get the window to "Sort by album then track number" first by sorting on track number then by sorting on album. While this makes perfect sense to me it would be backwards to many people.

I would if it would be useful to have some kind of visual feedback as to which fields the view was being sorted on and in which order.

pragmatik

Re: GUI and scrolling and sorting

Post by pragmatik » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:30 pm

Paul Gotch wrote:I would if it would be useful to have some kind of visual feedback as to which fields the view was being sorted on and in which order.
Amen.
KISS.