Stuff no longer available: How remove from Browser?

Get help on playing your audio with Play.
Fuga

Stuff no longer available: How remove from Browser?

Post by Fuga » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:21 pm

Sorry if I missed this in another post. Once I have deleted something from disk it remains in the Browser. If I try to add I of course get my hand slapped, likewise though if I try to delete it.

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Stuff no longer available: How remove from Browser?

Post by sbooth » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:20 am

That is strange; you should be able to do this. I just did a test and was able to remove some files that were no longer on disk without any problems. I selected the 'Recently Added' browser item, and then selected on the tracks in the track area of the window and pressed delete.

What steps are you using for track removal?

Fuga

Post by Fuga » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:51 am

I can remove them from the Library. It is from the Browser that I get nothing but a clunk from the OS when I highlight an item in the Browser and hit the "delete" key. There is no "remove/delete" item in a contextual menu. There is no menu bar item. I can not drag it out of the Play GUI to get it to "poof." I can think of no other way to remove it.

If I select a Browser item no longer in existence on disk and drag it into the Play Queue it's tracks will show. But if I try to play them I get the error message saying they no loner exist.

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:44 am

Oh, I understand. Which browser item are you trying to remove? A playlist or smart playlist?

Fuga

Post by Fuga » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:50 am

OH, CRAP! I just restarted Play and they are gone!! I wish I could swear I had quit/restarted before but I can't.

So, let's see how old you are. What character on TV, after going on and on about something, had the catchline, "Nevermind?"

Nevertheless, I'm glad it's fine. Sorry.