Rating a song in queue skips to next track

Get help on playing your audio with Play.
mute_dammit

Rating a song in queue skips to next track

Post by mute_dammit » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:40 am

(occurs in r902)
Sometimes when I rate a track while it's in the play queue, the track is rated correctly* and Play skips ahead to the next track. I'm having trouble reliably duplicating the behavior, though; it only seems to happen when I least expect it.

I haven't seen this happen in the library yet, but then the majority of my rating has been happening in the queue (despite the occasional frustration :) ).

* Also, I reckon this is as bad a place as any to bring up a minor UI annoyance. Why, when I click in the center of star 4, is the value set to 3? Is this a placeholder for partial ratings, or simply capricious UI design intended to drive people like me just that tiny bit crazier?

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Rating a song in queue skips to next track

Post by sbooth » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:15 pm

mute_dammit wrote:(occurs in r902)
Sometimes when I rate a track while it's in the play queue, the track is rated correctly* and Play skips ahead to the next track. I'm having trouble reliably duplicating the behavior, though; it only seems to happen when I least expect it.
This would be strange behavior indeed. Does it seem to matter at what point in the song you change the rating?

mute_dammit

Post by mute_dammit » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:07 pm

Hard to say. I tend to rate toward the last third of the song. Naturally, that's where it seems to crop up most often. It's happened when I rate within the first 20 seconds of a regular length song, so there's no hard limit. It's happened with both ogg and mp3 so far, morning, noon and night. I'll see if I can come up with something more concrete. It'd probably a good idea to run a debug build.

mute_dammit

Post by mute_dammit » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:04 pm

Huh. I did a dev build and didn't run into the problem. Now I'm running a release build, and still no problems. Guess it was gremlin-related. I can't see that I'm doing anything different now, other than enjoying Play slightly more.