related to displaying song information on play (missing meta

Get help on playing your audio with Play.
rez

related to displaying song information on play (missing meta

Post by rez » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:10 pm

I have downloaded a big Album in which I can see the name of the songs on the "files" themselves, but not when I import them into play because the metadata I guess is missing.
So my question is, is there a way to make play put the name of the "files" themselves in its library rather than looking for the metadata..otherwise I have to name each one separately by itself...

I would appreciate an answer.

Reza

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: related to displaying song information on play (missing

Post by sbooth » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:19 pm

rez wrote:I have downloaded a big Album in which I can see the name of the songs on the "files" themselves, but not when I import them into play because the metadata I guess is missing.
So my question is, is there a way to make play put the name of the "files" themselves in its library rather than looking for the metadata..otherwise I have to name each one separately by itself...
You can right-click on the table column headers and choose 'Filename' to display filenames in the table.

rez

thank you

Post by rez » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:06 am

wow, thank you for the prompt response and sorry for da slowness

rez

Searching according to file name

Post by rez » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:14 am

Another related question --> searching according to filename
it seems that Play is not able to search songs according to the file name..because that album which i have imported...the only info i am given is the "Filename" but when i search according to that nothing appears..
please help me out again, great stable proggy,

thanks

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Searching according to file name

Post by sbooth » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:49 am

rez wrote:Another related question --> searching according to filename
it seems that Play is not able to search songs according to the file name..because that album which i have imported...the only info i am given is the "Filename" but when i search according to that nothing appears..
Correct, there is currently no way to search by filename using the search box at the top of the window. This is something I could consider adding if it would be generally useful.

rez

Post by rez » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:25 pm

please do add it, after all why not? you can search according to genre, album, title, but why not file name? i am not sure if what i want would be useful for others but in my case at least where the metadata is missing it would be really useful because i at least have the filename to which i can search.

Anyhow thanks for the responses and the great software,

reza