Stuttering

Get help on playing your audio with Play.
Mike1

Stuttering

Post by Mike1 » Tue May 22, 2007 9:09 pm

I'm getting an odd effect with Play. Every now and then a track will stutter. I don't know how to describe it really--a stutter, jump, glitch.

Anyway, if I stop the track and "wind back" a little and start again, next time I get to the same point the noise won't be there. So it seems to be random. I don't get this with iTunes, so I don't suppose it's my hardware.

The only sort of file I've played (so far) is AAC, so I guess this may not happen with all formats.

Mike1

Re: Stuttering

Post by Mike1 » Wed May 23, 2007 4:23 pm

Mike1 wrote:The only sort of file I've played (so far) is AAC, so I guess this may not happen with all formats.
Ok. I played some FLAC files and playback was flawless.

Maybe it was something to do with the files. The once that were skipping were VBR AAC files encoded with Max. Has anyone else had trouble with those?

Pony

Post by Pony » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:33 pm

I experience the same thing occasionally when my machine is suffering CPU / RAM overload

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:20 pm

If you get a lot of skipping you can increase the buffer sizes in the Advanced preferences.

gery

Post by gery » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:04 pm

Yes its true, incrasing the Buffer Helps a lot,- but how much you use "normaly" ? Is it depending to the Speed of the CPU ? How much is iTunes using ?