Play import hanging on odd files in the imported folder

Discuss Play, an open source multi-format audio player.
pxd

Play import hanging on odd files in the imported folder

Post by pxd » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:49 am

Hi there,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not... I've a bunch of FLACs that a friend has digitized from many of my LPs. There are various other files in the directory with the FLACs, sometimes scans of the cover, sometimes a log and often a .cue file. Play seems to ignore most of these extra files when I tell it to import the files. However, sometimes, but not always, Play seems to hang badly when it encounters a .cue file (being new to the digital-hifi-from-a-computer game I don't even know what these are for or if I'll ever use them), but only some of them. I will attach one of the bad ones. Play hangs when it encounters one of these and I must quit it (cancelling the import does not work) and restart it to recover. This caused me several hours thinking that Play would not import my files.

Hope this helps someone,
PxD
Attachments
Mingus Plays Piano.cue.zip
This cue file gives Play problems.
(1.39 KiB) Downloaded 188 times

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Play import hanging on odd files in the imported folder

Post by sbooth » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:33 am

That cue sheet is from Rip- it looks like it may be generated incorrectly. It could be a Rip problem, but Play should display better errors.

pxd

Re: Play import hanging on odd files in the imported folder

Post by pxd » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:06 am

Unfortunately Play does not display any error, it just hangs with the import progress bar and I cannot cancel the import, I have to quit Play (at least I don't have to force quit). I wish it displayed an error or ignored it or something...

BTW, the person who digitized the record added the cue file from a CD rip thinking that it might be useful.

Thanks for looking into this,
PD