few things about play

Discuss Play, an open source multi-format audio player.
xtrgt

few things about play

Post by xtrgt » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:16 am

hi !

bad thing:
i tried the latest beta release, sometimes when playing a new track sound would cut out but seekbar would continue moving and any attempt to play other song would cause a crash in play.. doesn't happen with 0.3.

beautiful thing:
it sounds really great playing my mp3s and apple lossless.. this isn't placebo and the results are quite audible. great player ! 0.3 works like a charm and my only whine is the quirk in the beta as described above :).

request:
i use the digital out and there is no volume control in os x.. could you guys make a hotkey for volume up, volume down ? please ? thanks !

regards

xtrgt

Re: few things about play

Post by xtrgt » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:25 am

one more thing:

what is the audio slices in buffer and frames per slice ? how does that translate to file size ?

thanks !

xtrgt

Post by xtrgt » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:17 am

another thing.. i love play ! thanks to the developers for making a great, lightweight, good sounding program :)

xtrgt

Post by xtrgt » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:30 am

ok.. last night, the sound would cut out when playing a new track.. now there's no problem. been playing my mp3s since this morning.

though, it happened with my apple lossless files last night, playing a d'sound album right now, it's on the second track and still fine.

xtrgt

Post by xtrgt » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:52 am

ok. sound cut out and didn't come back, spinning color wheel plus had to force quit.

xtrgt

Post by xtrgt » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:39 am

i think i've narrowed it down to playing apple lossless files.. playing mp3, no problem.. but on alac ? cuts out after a few seconds in the song and no matter what i do, it'll just color wheel and have to force quit.

Fuga

Post by Fuga » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:23 am

How do those lossless files lay in iTunes, Finder (click on "preview" icon when in Column view), other players such as Cog and ToolPlayer?

xtrgt

Post by xtrgt » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:49 pm

cog works ok, itunes i've been using for the longest time, they were ripped with itunes.

i have some flacs that won't also play in play. the metatags disappear and the seekbar wouldn't move.. came from an old backup. they worked fine in cog.