Trouble adding files and folders to my Play library

Discuss Play, an open source multi-format audio player.
Snowrider

Trouble adding files and folders to my Play library

Post by Snowrider » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:51 pm

I can't add files or folders to my library. I have tried both dragging and dropping and using the "file/add to library" command. When I go through the process Play responds like it is working but there are no files in the library when it is finished processing. I have two Macs that I am using and both have Play 0.3 and OS X 10.5.4. One system works as expected (I just installed Play on it). The troubled Mac has had Play for awhile with little use. I play my FLAC files through my Sonos system and rarely use Play. I have deleted Play from the troubled Mac and downloaded and reinstalled Play without improvement.

The displayed window on the troubled Play version shows the library window as "Empty Selection". On the working version it showed something different (perhaps Empty Library?).

I searched through the postings looking for some insight and found mention of deleting of the library database file. One posting said to find it in ~/Application Support/Play but I do not see a folder named Play in the Application Support folder. It seems that there is a file I need to delete but I am at a loss to find it. Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Trouble adding files and folders to my Play library

Post by sbooth » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:21 pm

If you open the browser (Command-B) what is selected? You can press Command-L to select the entire library for browsing.

Snowrider

Re: Trouble adding files and folders to my Play library

Post by Snowrider » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:18 pm

Thank you - everything looks as it should. I am happy it was such a simple fix.