duplicate files in library

Discuss Play, an open source multi-format audio player.
macminiuser

duplicate files in library

Post by macminiuser » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:56 pm

HI,

I have just converted to MAC, principally to use for media, so many thanks for Play, Max and all the advice you provide.

I am really enjoying play, and happy to avoid iTunes, however I have one irritating issue I can't seem to solve. I suspect this is a user error but there may be others out there doing the same thing.

I have a whole bunch of MP3s which I have copied over from my MP3 player. These are in the Music folder of my Mac. When I build the Play library I get duplicate entries for all MP3s. I don't get the same for FLAC files which i have created rather than copied. I have wiped the library then rebuilt with the same problem, and verified that I only have one copy in my music folder of each file (as far as I can tell).

Any ideas?

[I am using the latest version of Play - 0.2 (1007)]

Xou

Re: duplicate files in library

Post by Xou » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:26 pm

I had the same problem recently when i dropped my files on Play.

RonaldPR

Re: duplicate files in library

Post by RonaldPR » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:48 pm

macminiuser wrote:I have a whole bunch of MP3s which I have copied over from my MP3 player. These are in the Music folder of my Mac. When I build the Play library I get duplicate entries for all MP3s.
Exactly how did you add the files to Play library? Dragged selected files? Dragged a folder with files? Used the File menu and added selected files? Used the menu and added selected folders? And if you added a folder, which one did you add and what else is in that folder but your MP3 files? Could there be duplicate files in different locations inside that folder?