Maximum Size for Flac?

Discuss Play, an open source multi-format audio player.
tofisterra

Maximum Size for Flac?

Post by tofisterra » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:26 am

So, I am having issues adding a 90+ MB flac file to Play. There are several other files in the same group which are on the order of 30 MB that it took just fine, but the large one doesn't seem to want to even be added to the Library. Is there an intrinsic limit to the file size? Or is there something that I can do to change this. Thank you.

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Maximum Size for Flac?

Post by sbooth » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:00 am

There is no intrinsic limit to file sizes in Play. I'm not sure why the file won't add. Are there any error messages logged to the console? What behavior are you seeing when the file won't add?

tofisterra

Post by tofisterra » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:45 pm

Unfortunately there are no errors in the console (I used the Console app bundled with OS X). What happens is that I drop the flac file in and the icon for Play jumps in the dock once and that's it. Nothing exciting and like I say, no errors to speak of. However, several smaller files from the same set added perfectly well. If there is something else I can check please let me know. Thanks.

Fuga

Post by Fuga » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:53 am

I have a couple FLACs, one 86 MB and the other 81 MB, and they both play fine in v.01 on Core Duo OS X 1.4.10.